On this post I will guide you step-by-step on how to make your own Summer fabric wreath with chicken wire, all on a budget. We often want to create our own decor but don’t have a clue where to begin or what we will need. This Summer fabric, chicken wire wreath is the perfect addition to your home decor. Whether it’s for the front porch or for your indoor decor, it will add color and all the summer feels your home needs. It can be customizable to any color and size too!
What you will need:
Wire wreath form (small or large)
Fabric of choice
Crafting chicken wire
Faux Summer floral pick
Hot glue gun
Many of the these supplies can be found at Craft Stores, Dollar Stores and I also have them on my Amazon Store. Click here to visit my Amazon Store!
Follow the steps bellow to complete the project. Please be very careful when using tools and hot glue gun. Follow all safety measures and read applicable instructions prior to using tools.
- First take the fabric you’ve chosen and cut a few strips, about 2” wide. Cut as long as you think you need. You can always cut more if you need to.
- First take the fabric you’ve chosen and cut a few strips, about 2” wide. Cut as long as you think you need.
- You can always cut more if you need to.
- Begin wrapping the fabric all around the wreath form, until the entire wreath form is wrapped. If you run out of fabric strips in the middle of wrapping, just secure with hot glue, and add another strip of fabric until the entire wreath form is completely wrapped.
- Take the crafting chicken wire, lay it flat on a smooth surface and lay the wrapped wreath form on top.
- Take the wire cutters and cut the crafting chicken wire all around the wreath form. Don’t worry about being extremely precise as we will trim it in a next step.
- Take the wreath form and lay it face down
- Place a heavy strip of hot glue on the back side.
- Quickly and carefully, place the crafting chicken wire on top of the hot glue. You can use a silicone brush or finger protector to press down on the crafting chicken wire until glue has hardened.
- Add another heavy strip of hot glue on top of the crafting chicken wire and wreath form and press with the silicone brush or finger protector to ensure the crafting chicken wire is fully attached.
- Once the hot glue has cooled down and hardened, cut off the excess crafting wire from the edge using the wire cutters.
- Cut off a piece of the jute rope to your desired length.
- Hot glue both ends to each side of the back of the wreath.
- Flip the wreath right side up.
- Take the faux flower pick and cut as many branches as you’d like.
- You can now add the branches to the bottom left corner of the front of the wreath. You can hot glue them, but I suggest you simply weave the branches in between the crafting chicken wire until they are secure.
- Continue to add flower branches until you are happy with the result.
You now have a custom, DIY wreath ready to be hung and displayed for the Summer days ahead!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post!
Until the next one!