I’m sure you’ve see many DIYers create home decor out of dollar store items, and if you’re on a tight budget, but still want a “custom” look….this is a great option for you. However, let’s be real not all things from the dollar store have a high end look. Right?? Often it will require some DIY to make it your own style.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to DIY Home Decor. And the beauty is that you can truly customize it to the style and color scheme you need. On this post you’ll learn how i customized home decor to fit my style and color scheme using dollar store items.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking to DIY your own home decor using dollar store items.
- Don’t over complicate it. Look at the items at the dollar store and pick those that you feel a strong attraction to.
- Unless you are intentionally looking to make different styles, stay within one color scheme. It helps with staying on a budget and keep the decor cohesive and more high-end looking
- Dollar store decor is often perfect for an added touch or detail to a home. In my opinion, it’s not meant to decorate your entire home. However, if this is what you intend to do….stick to bigger items.
- Remember thrift store finds. Thrift store finds are another great way to add a custom look to your home without breaking the bank. Again….you may need to paint them and update them, but stick to the main style or color scheme.
- Keep the decor simple. I always tend to side with the side if simplicity. I think it makes decor look higher end and more classy. But…. always stay true to yourself. If you like more embellished decor, then go for it. Whatever works best for you.
Dont forget to let me know which one is your favorite!